Jan 21, 2021
On Tuesday, the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) and Treasury released new PPP loan forgiveness guidance along with new forgiveness applications.
These applications include:
- PPP Loan Forgiveness Application Form 3508S – this new one-page application is for borrowers who received a PPP loan of $150,000 or less. While no supporting documentation is required to be submitted with the application, borrowers are advised to maintain payroll, nonpayroll, and other documents that could be requested during an SBA loan review or audit.
- Form 3508EZ – this streamlined application is for borrowers that meet certain safe harbors
- Form 3508 – the full application is for those who don’t qualify for using either of the previous two forms
- Form 3508D – this two-page document is to be submitted by certain individuals who are required to disclose a controlling interest in an entity applying for a PPP loan
Borrowers using Forms 3508 and 3508EZ must submit payroll and nonpayroll documentation when applying for loan forgiveness. The instructions included with these forms provide lists of the required documents.
In addition to the new forms, an interim final rule (IFR) was released which simplified previous loan forgiveness rules and integrated changes made by The Economic Aid to Hard-Hit Small Businesses, Nonprofits, and Venues Act (P.L. 116-260) which provided an additional $248 billion of funding to the PPP and allowed for a second-draw.
The SBA also noted it had approved roughly 60,000 PPP loan applications submitted by nearly 3,000 lenders for over $5 billion from the program’s re-opening through Jan. 17.
As always, we encourage you to connect with your William Vaughan Company advisor with questions on how this may impact your individual circumstances, or check out our COVID-19 Resource Center for additional insights.
- Audit & Accounting
- Construction & Real Estate
- Cost Accounting
- Estate Planning
- Fraud & Forensics
- Healthcare & Dentistry
- IT & Risk Services
- Manufacturing & Distribution
- Other Resources
- Restaurant & Hospitality
- Risk Services
- Tax Compliance
- Tax Planning