Jul 09, 2021
The JobsOhio Inclusion Grant program was established in 2020 with the goal of providing financial support for eligible projects in designated distressed communities and/or for businesses owned by underrepresented populations across the state, including minority, veteran, and women-owned businesses.
Locally, the Toledo Regional Growth Partnership and William Vaughan Company have assisted qualifying organizations in receiving upwards of $25,000 to help facilitate growth.
How do I qualify?
To qualify for the Inclusion Grant, a company must:
- Meet one of the 2 criteria – 1.) Be owned by an underrepresented population – which includes race, ethnicity, gender, veterans, and those with disabilities, or 2.) located in a qualified distressed community as defined by the Economic Innovation Group.
- Be a targeted industry including Advanced Manufacturing, Aerospace and Aviation, Automotive, Energy and Chemicals, Financial Services, Healthcare, Food and Agribusiness, Logistics and Distribution, Technology, Military, and Federal.
- Ineligible companies include retail or operations that include point-of-final-purchase transactions at a facility open to the public or other population-driven businesses that derive most of their sales from in-person delivery of services or products. For example, restaurants, hair salons, physician’s offices, retail stores, daycares, etc. For a full list of ineligible businesses, visit the JobsOhio website.
- Additionally, companies must have been in operation for at least one (1) year and be able to demonstrate $100,000 in annual revenues.
What can the grant fund be used for?
Funds may be put towards eligible costs including fixed-asset investment in machinery and equipment, real estate investments, and training costs, among other items including:
- Leasehold improvements
- Machinery and equipment
- Moving and relocation costs of machinery and equipment related to the project
- Site development
- Revitalization costs including demolition, renovation, and environmental remediation
- Fees and material costs related to planning and feasibility studies
- Engineering services
- Employee training costs
- Information technology including hardware and industry-specific software.
A full list of eligible costs can be found on the website noted below.
What should I do next?
Visit the JobsOhio Inclusion Grant Program website. Ensure you meet the criteria to be eligible. The Grant is reimbursement-based and requires supporting documentation including proof of payment.
Contact your William Vaughan Company representative or call our office number below to receive assistance in applying for this useful grant.
Connect With Us.
wvco.com | 419.891.1040
- Audit & Accounting
- Construction & Real Estate
- Cost Accounting
- Estate Planning
- Fraud & Forensics
- Healthcare & Dentistry
- IT & Risk Services
- Manufacturing & Distribution
- Other Resources
- Restaurant & Hospitality
- Risk Services
- Tax Compliance
- Tax Planning