Partner & Construction Practice Leader
Mike Hanf, CPA, CGMA is a partner with William Vaughan Company with more than 20 years of experience advising entrepreneurs, family-owned businesses and Fortune 1000 entities on a wide range of tax planning and business matters. Mike’s vast knowledge of tax regulation allows him to deliver solutions that fit his clients’ needs and position them for the future.
Prior to joining William Vaughan Company, Mike founded DHC, LLC where he spent 10 years advising a wide range of clients on financial and business matters. In addition, he began his early career at Ernst & Young as a senior manager.
Why did you join William Vaughan Company?
I was part of the 2018 merger between William Vaughan Company and Davenport, Hanf & Company (DHC).
What are you most passionate about in your work?
I am most passionate about our contribution to our community, providing one of the best local organizations to be apart of and about providing great advice to local individuals and companies.
What has been your most rewarding client experience?
My most rewarding client experience is when we develop enough rapport, understanding and trust that the client looks over and says “Mike, what would you do?”
What makes William Vaughan Company different?
Just like DHC, WVC was designed from the beginning to be opposite from the typical CPA firm. Our Partner group serves the organization so the organization can serve its clients.
What do you enjoy doing outside of work?
When I’m not attending something for our three children, I enjoy ATV’s and remote controlled cars, trucks, boats and helicopters.
What’s a fun fact few would know about you?
I showed up late for my first professional job interview and was still hired.
- Regional Growth Partnership, Board Member
- Erie Shores Council of the Boy Scouts of America, Audit Committee Member
- Toledo Museum of Art, Audit Committee Member
- Associated General Contractors (AGC)
- Construction Financial Management Association (CFMA)
- Ohio Contractors Association (OCA)
- Ohio Society of Certified Public Accountants (OSCPA)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- University of Toledo – Bachelor of Business Administration