Senior Tax Manager (Maumee, OH)
To apply for this position, please send your resume with a cover letter and salary requirements to Amy Crow at email@example.com
Are you someone who wants to be part of something bigger? Want to work with a dynamic team of people where you can be YOU and not just a number? If you enjoy providing tax compliance and consulting services to dynamic clients across a variety of industries, this Senior Tax Manager position may be your #FitForLife!
William Vaughan Company, a locally recognized, full-service accounting firm in Maumee, Ohio is currently searching for the perfect fit to join our team. We value a “work hard, play hard” mentality and embrace our innovative and youthful staff. Life is too short, so why not work somewhere that makes you happy? Apply today!
- Responsible for managing client assignments and projects, delivering a high-quality service
- Oversees complex federal tax compliance and consulting projects requiring tax analysis for a variety of entities and their affiliates
- Responsible for client relationships within their area of expertise and for clients assigned to them
- Reviews various tax returns – individual, corporate, partnership, and trust tax returns and makes recommendations and decisions to address client needs
- Ensures the accuracy of tax provision and tax returns including the documentation supporting tax positions
- Conducts tax research and provides effective solutions for management
- Supervises and provides assistance to tax staff and managers
- Prepares quality tax planning and practical approaches to client’s particular tax needs and situation
- Maintains and develops business relationships with our clients
- Participate in and contribute to market and business activities external to the firm
- Possible coaching, advising and supporting team members in meeting clients and self-development expectations
- 8+ years of public accounting experience preparing individual, partnership, corporate, and trust returns
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline
- CPA or working toward certification
- Technical proficiency in tax software applications
- A demonstrated ability to self-direct and effectively organize, prioritize and manage multiple engagements under tight deadlines
- Ability to problem-solve and think both creatively and logically
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
Who Is William Vaughan Company?
We’re Not Just CPAs! We are a young, vibrant team of educated individuals who genuinely want to help families achieve success through innovative solutions – we strive to help our clients through all of life’s situations! At a time when many accounting firms are merging with larger national players, William Vaughan Company has recently transitioned its business to its third generation. Long story short – we’re here for the long haul.
Other (Pretty Stellar) Benefits & Perks
Our commitment is to continually invest in our people, both professionally and personally. Our benefits and perks go beyond industry standards to include competitive pay, excellent medical, dental, and vision plan options, bonuses, referral programs, life insurance, 401(k) plan, community service opportunities, fun company events, ‘dress for your day’ attire, and so much more, including:
- Access to cutting technologies to help make your job easier
- Working directly under a “career coach” to help you grow and develop your professional skills
- A fast-paced, progressive, and inclusive work environment
- Complimentary coffee and snack stations throughout the office
- Family-first culture, with added time-off for maternity AND paternity leave
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to Amy Crow at firstname.lastname@example.org