Data Visualization Integration Intern
To apply for this position, please send your resume with a cover letter to Amy Crow at email@example.com
Are you a student who enjoys analyzing data? Do you like solving challenges and presenting your findings? Now is the time to unleash your knowledge and show the world what you can really do. Make your education count by coming to intern at William Vaughan Company (WVC), a locally recognized, full-service accounting firm in Maumee, Ohio.
We are seeking a highly motivated, self-starter student to help with a special project focused on assisting WVC in making strategic data-driven decisions through the use of Power Bi. This internship has the potential to become a full-time position focused on consulting with our clients to understand their needs, visual storytelling, and manipulating data to deliver Power BI-based solutions.
- Requires someone with analysis skills and a proactive, problem-solving mindset who can identify issues and partner with Firm leadership to propose potential solutions and provide insights
- Query data and merge information from diverse data sources and in-nature (structure and unstructured) to create rich datasets that enable better decision-making and visualizations
- Design and implement Power Bi reports, visualizations, and dashboards across various topics and define required supporting data architecture
- Design, build, and deliver custom KPI reports and dashboards using data from Power BI Desktop and other platforms
- Transform large complex data into easy-to-understand reports
- Identify unexplored data opportunities for the business to unlock and maximize the potential of digital data within the organization
- Work directly with the firm’s Managing Partner
- Ability to work independently with light to moderate supervision in various areas of responsibility
- Comprehensive knowledge of data design, data modeling, data management, and data visualization
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to manage your time effectively
- Capacity to build and maintain strong relationships with internal and client personnel
- Solid organizational and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to successfully multi-task while working independently or within a group environment
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
Who Is William Vaughan Company?
We’re Not Just CPAs! We are a young, vibrant team of educated individuals who genuinely want to help families achieve success through innovative solutions – we strive to help our clients through all of life’s situations! At a time when many accounting firms are merging with larger national players, William Vaughan Company has recently transitioned its business to its third generation. Long story short – we’re here for the long haul.
Other (Pretty Stellar) Benefits & Perks
Our commitment is to continually invest in our people, both professionally and personally. Our benefits and perks go beyond industry standards to include competitive pay, excellent medical, dental, and vision plan options, bonuses, referral programs, life insurance, 401(k) plan, community service opportunities, fun company events, ‘dress for your day’ attire, and so much more, including:
- Access to cutting technologies to help make your job easier
- A fast-paced, progressive, and inclusive work environment
- Dress For Your Day attire
- Welcome SWAG box full of WVC gear
- Frequent complimentary lunches and dinners
- FUN Committee events throughout the busy season – games, prizes & food
- FREE water, pop, k-cups, and snacks PLUS weekly fruit delivery
- “End of Busy Season” Party on April 15
- Opportunity to participate in WVC’s Women Empowering Women (WEW) or Diversity & Inclusion Groups