Audit Manager (Maumee, OH)
To apply for this position, please send your resume with a cover letter and salary requirements to Amy Crow at email@example.com
Are you someone who wants to be part of something bigger? Want to work with a dynamic team of people where you can be YOU and not just a number? If you enjoy providing assurance services to dynamic clients across a variety of industries, this Audit Manager position may be your #FitForLife!
William Vaughan Company, a locally recognized, full-service accounting firm in Maumee, Ohio is currently searching for the perfect fit to join our team. We value a “work hard, play hard” mentality and embrace our innovative and youthful staff. Life is too short, so why not work somewhere that makes you happy? Apply today!
- Perform and assist with audits, reviews and compilations for clients in various industries
- Oversee and support multiple engagement teams concurrently
- Proactively engage with your clients throughout the year to understand business goals and challenges
- Identify deficiencies of internal controls and make recommendations for improvement
- Manage all fieldwork to ensure quality service and timely delivery of results
- Develop reasonable time budgets and coordinate audit requests to meet time constraints and client deadlines
- Play an active role in providing valuable financial statement guidance and business recommendations based upon various testing performed and information gathered
- Deliver business insight through thoughtful review, analysis, and discussion
- Deep understanding of accounting and reporting standards
- Effectively communicate with Firm leadership about client updates, engagement and budget to actual status, and technical issues
- Serve as a mentor & resource for audit staff through facilitating industry training, advising on career development or participating in other Firm initiatives
- 5+ years of public accounting experience in assurance
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline
- Active CPA or working toward certification
- Technical proficiency in assurance software applications
- A demonstrated ability to self-direct and effectively organize, prioritize and manage multiple engagements under tight deadlines
- Ability to problem-solve and think both creatively and logically
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
Who Is William Vaughan Company?
We’re Not Just CPAs! We are a young, vibrant team of educated individuals who genuinely want to help families achieve success through innovative solutions – we strive to help our clients through all of life’s situations! At a time when many accounting firms are merging with larger national players, William Vaughan Company has recently transitioned its business to its third generation. Long story short – we’re here for the long haul.
Other (Pretty Stellar) Benefits & Perks
Our commitment is to continually invest in our people, both professionally and personally. Our benefits and perks go beyond industry standards to include competitive pay, excellent medical, dental, and vision plan options, bonuses, referral programs, life insurance, 401(k) plan, community service opportunities, fun company events, ‘dress for your day’ attire, and so much more, including:
- Access to cutting technologies to help make your job easier
- Working directly under a “career coach” to help you grow and develop your professional skills
- A fast-paced, progressive, and inclusive work environment
- Complimentary coffee and snack stations throughout the office
- Family-first culture, with added time-off for maternity AND paternity leave
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to Amy Crow at firstname.lastname@example.org